PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Virginia!

VaMom
03-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Hi! I am so excited to have found this place! I have a little girl who is almost four and I plan on homeschooling her. I was a teacher in the public school sytem for several years. Because of this, and my husband's and my own educational experiences, we want to provide a better path for our child. I live in a rural part of Virginia where homeschooling is actually prevalent, but I have never even heard of anyone aside from us doing it without religious reasons. I am truly hoping to meet some folks to share information with. I would love a close network of friends. Some in Virginia would be great too! I look forward to getting to know you!

colinenger
10-08-2014, 07:24 PM
My son has ADHD and I finally made the decision to home-school him (subject to my wife's veto!) My son turns 13 in 10 days.

I was a teacher of Physics and Chemistry a long time ago in the Peace Corps. The reason I'm writing this is because I am in Alexandria, VA.

It's great to meet another Virginian (I wasn't raised in VA but I've spent most of my adult life here)! But I trust you won't hold that against me.

I too am looking around for non-denominational resources and opportunities to chat with other parents who are doing secular home-schooling.

Fairielover
10-12-2014, 02:33 PM
Welcome to the forums VAMom. It's great to meet you.

757Lars
10-12-2014, 09:46 PM
I'm new here too & in Norfolk with a 10 year old. Nice to meet you!