SecularHomeschool.com is excited to once again open our Valentines Card exchange for our members!! With our kids at home, one of the things we might miss out on is the exchanging of Valentines with our peers. For this reason, we have a whole forum
specifically for the purpose of sharing names and addresses to send and receive Valentines with other secular homeschooling families.
In this activity, you are limited only by your own creativity/finances/ability to get to the post office to buy stamps.
You may purchase Valentines or make them yourselves. It might be fun to include something about your home state/country when sending, but that is totally up to you. You may also want to send a picture of yourselves, but again...totally up to you.
However, here are our top five ideas for turning this project into more than just a simple exchange of pretty pink paper...
1) Print out and post a Valentine's Exchange Map somewhere in plain sight where you can mark off or even research and find out more about each location that you receive a card from.
2) Have your kids write by hand one interesting fact about your town or state and include it with each Valentine. (Wouldn't it be amazing if they could write a different fact for every Valentine??!!)
3) Read the history of St. Valentines Day to your kids and have them create a drawing depicting their favorite part of the story. Photocopy these and turn them into the cover for your Valentines!
4) Are your kids into learning about making movies? Have them re-create a scene from the story of Valentines Day, and film it and add it to YouTube. You can even include the link to your movie in your Valentines so the recipient feels like they are learning right along with you!
5) Have your kids create their own Valentine's games. Maybe a Valentines hangman? Or a crossword puzzle? Or a Valentines Word Search? Then photocopy their efforts and include them with each Valentine you send!
To participate in our Valentines Exchange 2015, all you need to do is use the "Contact Us
" link at the bottom of the page, and request the password for the private forum. Then head over there and read the instructions and get started!! Oh, and please, come back here and let us know what creative ideas your family came up with for sharing love across the miles!!
PS: If you are a new member, because members share names and addresses in this private forum, you must have 2 moderated posts in our site forum before you can participate (one of which needs to be in the Introductions and Welcomes forum). Thanks!