PDA

View Full Version : web location for homeschooler videos and blogs

gypsylovecircus
04-16-2013, 08:11 PM
My kids love to make videos as part of homeschool (just finishing up a climate comparison video), and we were wondering if there is anywhere online that we can go to to post and to find other videos made by homeschooler. We tried you-tube, but mostly find videos about "why I homeschool". We are looking for more of fun movies and videos that are a creative expression of homeschooling.

Same with zine....is there anywhere that homeschools can link their blogs and find other homeschoolers that blog?

Thanks!

mom4boys2girls
04-29-2013, 07:58 PM
Have you thought of helping your kids start a blog on a general blog site such as wordpress or blogster? There is another, more child oriented one called kidblog, also. I haven't used it, but I am hoping to this next year. From what I have found while searching it out, it appears to be geared toward classroom use, but I don't see why you couldn't set up a "classroom" for the students in your class to post. Each child can have their own account under your username. This option also allows you and your children to work on your blog post or video and save it to go back for editing later. It isn't posted and searchable until you approve it. I think this aspect could be a good tool for teaching rereading, revising and editing, and finally, making sure you keep in mind that once you post something it is out there for the whole world to see and read. Maybe someone who has used kidblog can chime in on it's usability for homeschool families?