PDA

View Full Version : ck-12 textbooks

mitch77
12-28-2012, 04:06 PM
I stumbled across these texts the other day while on my kindle. Has anyone used these? What did you think? They look like really good free resources. Here's a link if you haven't seen it Welcome to CK-12 Foundation | CK-12 Foundation (http://www.ck12.org/teacher). My son's only in 6th grade but I think we'll be able to use some of these books in the coming years.

Teri
12-28-2012, 04:19 PM
We downloaded them a while back but I haven't used them for anything.

MrsLOLcat
12-28-2012, 04:40 PM
I've downloaded them, too, but haven't used them yet either. I'm curious to see what they're going to do with them in the long run and would love it if someone who really knows science could read/review them for accuracy and content. I worry about things like that. I like the fact that they seem to be adding stuff fairly regularly (there are workbooks and teacher's manuals for a few subjects already), but we'll see how it all pans out. They definitely look promising.

dbmamaz
12-28-2012, 04:57 PM
i've heard good things about them - some guy who sells science kits and got kicked off the other board, didnt he recommend them? I've looked over them and liked them, but havent managed to work them in to our homeschool. I seem to actually like paper books for homeschooling for most uses.