View Full Version : Weekly Poll: Did you lurk here for a while first, or jump in with both feet?

10-05-2011, 06:19 AM
This week's poll question is courtesy of... raegan!

Here is her whole weekly poll question~
Did you lurk here for a while first, or jump in with both feet and start posting? (are you like that in other areas of life, too?)

I am a jump in with both feet kind of gal, BIG surprise to anyone who knows me, LOL. I am like that in all parts of my life for the most part. Just ask hubby about the cement mixer in the backyard when he came home from work. But I needed a path for the boys to ride there scooters on, since we lived on a busy street! He asked, "Were you planning to do that today?" NOPE!

SO, which are you?? Yes we are nosy, come on now and give us an answer!

10-05-2011, 08:53 AM
To the best of my memory, I think I just jumped right in when I found this site and registered. Not sure if I had previously registered on the old site, too, and then went away for awhile. My memory's not that great though.

10-05-2011, 08:58 AM
I was actually registered on the old site but there was a little bit of a gap where I didn't come often and somewhere in there is when the new site opened. I'm pretty sure I jumped in and posted as soon as I saw a post that I found interesting and had something relevant to say. I can't remember if I ever did a formal introduction post or not.

10-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Hm, I basically started talking. I wasn't super talkative at the start, but neither was I a lurker. As time has gone on, I've become more active. :)

10-05-2011, 09:50 AM
I read for a while. I was finding my feet with the whole HS thing and really just soaking up conversations and blogs, but I kept on reading things on here that I wanted to chip in on, and you all seemed quite friendly, so I overcame my natural reserve... quite successfully. :D

Lots O' Boys
10-05-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm naturally reluctant to just jump into things. Seriously...I'd been lurking here since the site started. Thankfully my kids do not seem to have that problem! I still don't post much, but I enjoy being a part of the community.

10-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Maybe not the first day, but pretty soon after!

10-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Like Shoe, I was registered on the old site, but continued to post (albeit not that often) when it switched to the new.

10-05-2011, 10:33 AM
I jumped in feet first and was very active THEN backed off.

Accidental Homeschooler
10-05-2011, 10:35 AM
I read for a day (five minutes here, five minutes there...) and then registered that night after the kids went to bed. I was really scared about hsing and the response I got to that first post was just so helpful. It was such a relief because I knew NOBODY who was hsing and we were already so stressed out from the school problerms. Now I am somewhat addicted I think. Even as we have slowly met other hsers here, I still feel a real need to come back to this site. There is just so much expertise here. Anytime I have needed help/advice/information I have gotten it. It has been invaluable.

10-05-2011, 02:33 PM
I like to observe first before jumping into a new (to me) online space.

10-05-2011, 03:15 PM
I jumped in, backed off, rinse, repeat. I have a hard time keeping up with everything, so I'm back to dipping a toe in a few times a day.

Stella M
10-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Jumped right in! About 2.2 seconds after it popped up on my google search. And after I wiped away my tears of relief...

10-05-2011, 06:36 PM
I stayed on the sidelines for a little while. Since I was so new to hs'ing, I didn't feel knowledgeable enough to post. I was so overwhelmed in the beginning, I didn't even know what questions to ask here. Once I wrapped my brain around the idea of hs'ing, I jumped right in.

10-06-2011, 01:04 AM

I jump into things with both feet. Pretty much anything I do. I did wander off from here for a while, but mostly because things got busy & I got a little crazy (and sick). But since most everyone here is so awesome, it was easy peasy to come back. There are still enormously long threads (in the "In Other Words" Category mostly, lol) that I can't seem to tackle)

10-06-2011, 01:50 AM
Well I think I signed up yesterday after I found this site, maybe it was the day before, so yep I jumped right in.

10-06-2011, 11:32 AM
I was so excited to finally find a HS forum without threads about bible class and tea party activities that I posted a hello immediately and have been involved at least every couple of days ever since.

I feel pretty isolated in my real world most days. Y'all are my refuge and social outlet. Thanks! xo

10-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Jumped right in! About 2.2 seconds after it popped up on my google search. And after I wiped away my tears of relief...

That sounds about right! Google, Click, Jump, Splash, Aaahhhh!

Harris Acadamy
10-06-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm still lurking so I'll select other :)

In all honesty my son will be 3 next weekend and we're still in our gathering stage of information and preparation so I don't have much to say yet.

10-07-2011, 04:12 PM
I found the site awhile ago, looked it over and bookmarked it. I didn't come back until a few days ago. I decided to register here and started posting. I didn't lurk but I didn't post the first day I saw the site either.

In life it depends on what it is if I will jump in or take awhile to consider. I have moved very quickly on some things that normal people would give more consideration to.

10-08-2011, 10:06 AM
I jumped right in to the blog posting, but am just getting into the forums because I found them very intimidating at first (still do a little, esp. the hater thread)

10-08-2011, 05:25 PM
I plopped right down and made myself at home :)

10-08-2011, 05:42 PM
I suspect I may still be a lurker by definition. I'm tryin' though! : )

10-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Jumped into the deep end. Hi! :)

10-11-2011, 11:07 AM
I knew of the site for quite some time, but just read the blog. I finally registered for the forums today :)

Stella M
10-12-2011, 05:02 AM
I jumped right in to the blog posting, but am just getting into the forums because I found them very intimidating at first (still do a little, esp. the hater thread)

I'm sorry if you've found it intimidating :(

Please join us; we're nice, really :)

10-14-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm still mostly a stalker. I honestly don't have a lot of time for forums, unfortunately. I love it here though, and would like to contribute more. Most of my time at the computer though is spent one-handed with a nursing babe in lap, and I'm not much for typing hunt-and-peck.

10-14-2011, 06:08 PM
I actually thought I had registered here until I tried to reply to a post, after a couple of months of reading. Then I realized (while trying to reply to a topic) that I hadn't signed up, so I did. :)