PDA

View Full Version : CurrClick's Live Geography Club?

Snoopy
04-21-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm intrigued by this live class (http://www.currclick.com/product_info.php?cPath=1075&products_id=32582&it=1)for next fall. Has anyone else registered their kid(s) for it? What did you think of it?

hjdong
04-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Every time I see it's at 8:45 a.m. central time - 7:45 a.m. my time - I know it's not for us.

Melyssa
04-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Oof. WAY too early for us also. We aren't even out of bed yet by then. Looks like a cool idea though. Sometimes I think it would be neat for my daughter to interact with other homeschoolers online.

Wilma
04-21-2010, 06:11 PM
$27?!?! Is this right? This has definite possibllities.

LJean
04-22-2010, 09:43 AM
Interesting!
The first time I homeschooled, I had online friends (from a parenting group) and family send postcards to us from where they live. We then did a little study of the states they were from.
Is this similar? Each child does a presentation about where they live?

Snoopy
04-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Interesting!
The first time I homeschooled, I had online friends (from a parenting group) and family send postcards to us from where they live. We then did a little study of the states they were from.
Is this similar? Each child does a presentation about where they live?

I have no idea. I *think* she's going to have each US kid send pictures and maybe a little write-up about where they live and she's going to put it together in a Powerpoint presentation that she will show online when she has them study the US regions. $27 isn't a lot of money and I think Noah might enjoy this, but I was hoping to get feedback from someone whose kids might have taken the last session...

CroppinMom
04-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Since we're in central time zone it wouldn't be too early - that is something to look into. Thanks for the link Snoopy - you are always sharing the coolest stuff.