PDA

View Full Version : The year that wouldn't end

hjdong
04-20-2010, 07:06 PM
This year has been full of changes. Just when I think we have a schedule that is working, something changes. The beginning of the year, James started a new P.E. class (a good change that we've kept). Then, mid-year, he tried a 2 day a week Waldorf school (small, run by a homeschool mom, 8 kids, multi-age, good fit for him), which quickly closed because of flooding (we live in a desert - floods are bad).

That taste of school really left him wanting school. So. . . we switched charters so he could go to a co-op type situation. It's a total different situation, much more "real" school, although the classes he takes are enrichment (i.e. fun). Well, he finally told me he doesn't like it after professing to love it for weeks. I think he was scared to tell me because it was a bit ( :rolleyes: ) of a hassle to change schools.

We've discussed it. My preference is to be independent (actually, that's been my preference all along; DH likes the money. Well, we all like the money, but I really don't think it's worth it). Since I have to do the work, DH is leaning towards letting me withdraw James and file as a private school.

James has been told this is it. He got his trial. Now, it's my way (or the highway ?).

Honestly, no changes next year. Sigh.

Just a little rant. Decision will be made by tomorrow.

Snoopy
04-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Holly, good luck with all of this! Keep us posted!

reversemigration
04-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Good luck, Holly. It always takes time for decisions like that to sort out, particularly when you have three interested parties. Just think of how nicely things will go next year, though!

Topsy
04-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Been following your changes for a while, and the most awesome part is that you always have James' best interests at heart with each one. I have no doubt whatsoever that you will make the right decision. Sending out supportive vibes all this week....

Topsy

hjdong
04-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Well, we're going to be a private school. :cool: All I have to do is a bunch more paperwork with the charter school. :(

Next year will be sooo much easier. And I don't regret letting James trying things out. That is what this is supposed to be about, getting experiences, what is it Ms. Frizzle says, "Take chances, make mistakes, get dirty."

Snoopy
04-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Yay! Congrats! How awesome is that going to be to be able to do what you want?!