View Full Version : free DragonBox app (prek-1st math app)

05-22-2017, 02:02 PM
For a limited time (unknown end date) DragonBox is giving free access to the teacher version DragonBox Numbers and DragonBox Big Numbers for Apple and Android devices. As far as I can tell, there is no difference between the Teacher version and the regular version - other than the regular version costs $8. My son liked it so much, I went ahead and paid for the regular version, just to give the company some support.

https://teacher.dragonbox.com/ (https://teacher.dragonbox.com/)

Suggested age is 4-8 year olds, but I think this is more appropriate for 3-6 year olds.

These apps have the option to the language to Spanish and a few other languages, so it's also a great supplement to teach numbers in a foreign language.

05-22-2017, 03:44 PM
I wish they'd had these when my kids were little. We love Dragonbox. We had it from the moment it came out and then when they expanded it. And now, my kids are both in Algebra I and we still refer to it all the time. I keep telling this story, but the other day, ds was doing algebra and it wanted the answers in an unsimplified form (because reasons... it was clear in the book). And he refused to do it and I was like, would you just do it! Come on! And he was like, "I can't because then the monster in the box will say Yuck and won't eat it!" And I was like, kid, it's not Dragonbox!!! But, of course, I was dying laughing. Like, that just came out of nowhere. But it's really a testament to how well these apps teach that they're part of my kids' fundamental conceptions of how the math works.

05-23-2017, 01:41 PM
Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing this! These apps weren't around when I homeschooled my other kids and I just learned about them a few days ago. We were waiting until payday to go ahead and get them since they have such good reviews everywhere but after seeing your post I got the teacher versions yesterday to try them out before we buy them. Little Guy(4.5yo) LOVES it! We'll definitely be buying them on payday!

Autumn Leaves
05-23-2017, 03:47 PM
Thanks, my 5 years old loves it!