View Full Version : BYL Spring Sale

04-03-2017, 11:51 AM
BYL has a spring sale going on. From the FB page:

"Thinking about your homeschooling plans for next year? It is closer than it may seem. Let us do the work for you. Our full year lesson plans and unit studies are now on sale during our annual Spring Sale! Take 20% off all of our products until April 15. Check out this link for the discount code and the rest of our website for details on all of our secular literature-based homeschool curriculum.

04-03-2017, 12:09 PM
Thanks! How did you like it for K? I see it has weekly schedules with readings and activities, is it pretty flexible and forgiving if you arent done learning about one thing in the time allotted?
How closely do you follow the schedule as she wrote it?

Should I pillage from your blog for digital supplements? :o

04-03-2017, 03:53 PM
Pillage away! I freaking LOVE this curriculum. Plus, she added my review to her kindergarten testimonials, so I extra love it now. Haha!

It's completely flexible. In retrospect, I would have only bought the spines because we are flying through the books. Some picture books are extended over 2 weeks, but it's just not his style to be happy reading 1-2 pages a day. I basically go to the library and take out every book related to the continent we're on, then we read her selections and 1-2 others every day.

I've gone back and forth with the timing. For a while we were smushing 5 days into 4, then I was just doing 4 days/wk-ish and did all 5 days so it filled up the time before Christmas. Since January we've been sticking pretty close to the schedule 5 days/wk. It's usually pretty short - no more than 1/2 hour-45 min for what she's got on paper. We skip most of the crafts now, though we did them in the beginning. He only wants to garden. There's dirt all over the damn house.

I'm going to use it again when the little ones are read, but do stand alone continent studies instead of the straight 30 weeks - so the big guy isn't repeating a whole year. We're going on to ancients in Aug.