PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory Java?

IEF
09-22-2015, 06:05 PM
I've been getting error messages saying that the site won't work without nonfree java lately.

If I wait awhile, they sometimes redirect to the site on some of my devices, but it's annoying.

I do not need to be mansplained how to turn off NoScript because I do not want to turn off NoScript.

The JavaScript Trap (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.en.html)

but I would like to express dissatisfaction with this change and to let my fellow boardies know that I am not stomping off in a huff because I was offended by something they said on the Brony thread or anything.

Peace out.

muddylilly
09-30-2015, 06:31 PM
Hey, I just saw this, and it makes me sad that IEF has decided to go :(

Just wanted that on the record!!!

Booooo to Java (whatever the hell it is, but it's probably bad and I just don't know it)

alexsmom
09-30-2015, 07:09 PM
The only good java is the drinkable kind.

Maybe IEF can load the mobile version of the site instead?

Topsy
10-05-2015, 10:34 AM
Boy I totally missed this thread until now! I'm so sorry, Iron Ethel. I'll have support check into it.

IEF
10-05-2015, 03:24 PM
3656YAY!!!! All fixed!!!!!!

Aw, shucks, you missed me! You weren't singing "ding dong the witch is dead!" after all. ;)

Thanks, Topsy. :) :) :)

Topsy
10-06-2015, 11:10 AM
LOL. No, it was definitely a few bars of "Get Back"...I swear!! :D

IEF
10-12-2015, 07:48 PM

Looks like I'm out again; take care, y'all. It's been real.

Topsy
10-14-2015, 03:52 PM

Looks like I'm out again; take care, y'all. It's been real.

Yep, we got hacked again and had to turn back on the Cloudfare security. It seems to work with most browsers, though, so don't hesitate to jump back on board in a different browser with us!

IEF
11-15-2015, 05:55 PM
I have no idea why I'm back in again (other than XFS filesystem error, restoring from clonezilla, and having open tabs on my clone, lol) but I like the new, cleaner look and imma try to catch up while I can in case you lock me out again. ;)

No hard feelings on my part so please don't misinterpret software incompatibility for being deeply offended about My Little Pony or whatever's going on with Deb these days.

It's a small internet; see you all around!