PDA

View Full Version : The changes...they are a'coming!

Topsy
07-15-2015, 09:58 AM
You ready? Me either. But change is inevitable and often is for the best, so let's buckle up together.

The site makeover we've been talking about will be taking place over the next several weeks. Although the LOOK of the site will be fresh and new, the general way that everything operates will stay the same. The main goals of the site update are:

a general design update to "freshen things up"
improving the experience of those who access the site on mobile devices
moving our curriculum directory to a more interactive experience, where members can easily rate and review each entry

We'll use this thread to keep you posted of any jarring updates or potential interruptions in site functionality.

Ready to come along for this roller coaster ride? Let's go!!!!

quabbin
07-15-2015, 08:17 PM
I hope it works out well! (My local mommies' group has virtually collapsed after a site redo, but theirs was forced by a national group and they can't make changes.)

Topsy
07-15-2015, 09:26 PM
I hope it works out well! (My local mommies' group has virtually collapsed after a site redo, but theirs was forced by a national group and they can't make changes.)

Thanks, quabbin...please help us keep all fingers and toes crossed!! :)

crunchynerd
07-17-2015, 01:43 PM
I'm also hoping for the best, having seen over and over, other discussion forums and mommy-groups become ghost towns right after a re-do. I don't understand why, because it's not like people quit going shopping when a shopping center has a facelift, but like quabbin, I've seen it several times, too, online. Fingers crossed.

IEF
07-17-2015, 02:41 PM
Hoping it will still be accessible with at least some of my gizmos and wishing you the best and thanking you for your time if it isn't.

Topsy
07-17-2015, 10:20 PM
Hoping it will still be accessible with at least some of my gizmos and wishing you the best and thanking you for your time if it isn't.

The goal is for it to be EVEN easier and accessible on ALL gizmos, so here's hoping!!

Riceball_Mommy
07-18-2015, 10:59 AM
That's good. I have a terrible time trying to view the site on my phone. It's not bad on a tablet currently though.

RunningYogini
07-18-2015, 11:48 AM
I hope the redesign is going to address and eliminate being redirected to adult websites. I really don't like being surprised by a nude body when searching via the "Google Custom Search" option.

balmerfam
07-18-2015, 12:01 PM
Oh my goodness this just happened to me last night! I am so glad it was late and neither of my kids were around!

IEF
07-18-2015, 03:02 PM
I can currently view the site on Dillo and, with a bit of futzing around, on Lynx.

Aandwsmom
07-19-2015, 01:54 AM
We are hoping it eliminates THOSE types of issues too!LOL

Topsy
07-19-2015, 08:36 AM
I hope the redesign is going to address and eliminate being redirected to adult websites. I really don't like being surprised by a nude body when searching via the "Google Custom Search" option.

I THINK we have all those issues corrected now! There were apparently still some bad links from when we were hacked a couple weeks ago, but hopefully all those have been addressed now. If anyone has another experience like that, please contact us ASAP and let us know what URL you were trying to get to, leading up to the redirect. Thanks, everyone!

Topsy
07-19-2015, 08:52 PM
Did you hear that noise where you were? That was the sound of my head on my desk when I discovered that a couple MORE people were experiencing redirects again today. Please do let us know if you have any more issues, everyone. I promise I've got our tech support working on the problem, and hopefully we'll get to the true bottom of it soon!