PDA

View Full Version : Open-mindeness

Aroura
02-10-2015, 07:01 PM
I watched this video a long while back, and I just wanted to share. Open-mindedness is great, but some people misunderstand what is means to be truly open-minded. I think this guy gives great examples and a fantastic explanation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69TOuqaqXI

QualiaSoup makes a lot of great videos. I know not all of us here would call ourselves atheists, but he has great stuff for secular people in general as well.

MNDad
02-10-2015, 07:26 PM
I sent this around a year or two ago on a different forum. I think my comment at the time was "should be required viewing for the entire human race." Thanks for posting!

murphs_mom
02-10-2015, 07:39 PM
Didn't watch the video (yet), but the whole concept of an open mind reminds me of one of my favorite sayings: I try to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brain falls out.

alexsmom
02-10-2015, 07:41 PM
Didn't watch the video (yet), but the whole concept of an open mind reminds me of one of my favorite sayings: I try to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brain falls out.

i thought of that saying too before I saw the video. Luckily the video asserts if you are too openminded without accepting an evidence filter, you let your brain fill with rubbish. :p

Thanks Aroura for posting this!

CrazyGooseLady
02-14-2015, 11:06 PM
Love it! Will need to watch the others too.