PDA

View Full Version : Is my ISP banned?

IEF
12-14-2014, 12:25 PM
I have not been able to access the site for several days. I thought it might be a problem with PrivacyBadger on Firefox, but I see absolutely nothing from Dillo either. I get no response from the site when I ping it from command line.

I had no trouble logging into my account from a different ISP, so I don't think it was because I admitted to sending out Holiday cards that say "Joy" instead of "Merry Christmas" or any other awful offensive thing I've said. ;)

Any ideas?

TIA

MNDad
12-14-2014, 01:58 PM
Strange.

When I query different whois databases, I see conflicting data about who is hosting this site. Is it possible that it was changed recently and the DNS changes haven't fully propagated to your DNS server? (Maybe try changing your DNS server on your route?)

Can you temporarily disable any software firewall you have?

IEF
12-14-2014, 02:08 PM
It looks like it was a router problem after all. I'm on with an old one that was in my closet.

Fairielover
12-14-2014, 04:13 PM
Try cleaning your catche. That usually works. Or change processors.

IEF
12-22-2014, 06:52 PM
Now the other router won't let me in either. Tor works and I have no trouble logging into my account. There have been no warnings or messages from mods so it's obviously technical rather than personal.

No software firewall; I run an FSF endorsed fork of Ubuntu.

I've tried multiple browsers on multiple devices.

I briefly had the same problem on eBay before I switched to the wired router but it doesn't seem to be affecting any of the other sites I normally visit.

Oh well. My account isn't compromised and I'm not REALLY traveling all over the world for the holidays, just dealing with a minor annoyance I don't really have time for atm.

ejsmom
12-22-2014, 08:08 PM
The same thing happened to me one time. SHS had to fix it.

IEF
12-22-2014, 09:09 PM
Thanks, ejsmom; it's really more annoying and silly than anything. I'm having trouble not cracking bad jokes that ARE going to offend someone. ;)

Fairielover
12-22-2014, 10:37 PM
I'd ccontact tech support. http://www.secularhomeschool.com/sendmessage.php

IEF
12-23-2014, 03:19 PM
That's what I should have done in the first place instead of whining about it for a week in a half. ;) Thanks, Kathi.