PDA

View Full Version : decided to homeschool 6th grade

Deli76
03-19-2014, 02:01 AM
Well after talking with dd and explaining she'd have to give up girl scouts, gymnastics and art class if she went back to ps, she decided to hs 6th grade! Yay! I dont want to send her to ps anyway.
The question i have is when do i need to start keeping track of grades and credits for when she might want to go back?

murphs_mom
03-19-2014, 03:53 AM
Not sure, but wouldn't that depend on where you live?? We don't have to track grades or credits here. We just have to do the BoE review 2X a year. Hopefully there's someone else from TX who can answer the question. (insert a little shruggy emoticon here)

WindSong
03-19-2014, 09:28 AM
My ds was homeschooled for fifth grade through sevenths he returned to public school for eighth grade this year. I was not required to show anything to the school. We simply enrolled him. But since my ds was ready to take Algebra instead of eighth grade math, the school wanted to see his test scores for math to show he was prepared. The entire process was quite painless actually.

Norm Deplume
03-19-2014, 10:01 AM
Our school district just gives middle school kids placement tests when enrolling to see if they're up to grade level in subjects. I'm not sure what they do for high schoolers, though.

dbmamaz
03-19-2014, 10:51 AM
In my district, they put them back in by age and wont accept any credits for high school, so you have to go back at 9th or stay out. But you should ask your district, or local homeschoolers, what the policy is there.