PDA

View Full Version : Stock Market game/simulation recommendations??

inmom
02-11-2014, 08:29 AM
My kids are working through an excellent personal finance curriculum that I found at High School Financial Literacy Curriculum: Building Your Future (http://www.actuarialfoundation.org/programs/youth/BuildingYourFuture.shtml). However, I want to supplement it with a realistic, easy to use stock market game or simulation. After doing a quick search on the internet, it seems like there are all kinds of different versions out there. Can anyone recommend a good one that they've used?

Thanks!

hockeymom
02-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Oooh...following.

MrsLOLcat
02-12-2014, 10:29 AM
Man, I hadn't thought about doing that in ages... when I was in school, we had to do it all the old-fashioned way, browsing through newspapers and writing down prices and calculating earns/losses. I'm curious to see what others have used. I think this would be a great exercise for my kids when they get a bit older, too!

ikslo
02-12-2014, 11:20 AM
There was boy in my high school who had his own money saved for college. He started a business selling expensive executive pens to people when he was a kid, and then took that money and invested it - himself - in the stock market. Real money. He started with under $500 and paid his way through college. Amazing really.