PDA

View Full Version : History Show Supplements

SherryZoned
07-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Not only is the history channel great but also would like to add the shows in general of "Pawn Stars" and "American Pickers".. lol they have so much history going on in those shows.. Just mentioning them if you have not seen either show yet.

Fiddler
07-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Are the two shows you mentioned similar to Antiques Road Show, Sherry? What channel carries them?

SherryZoned
07-25-2010, 10:27 PM
No they are not like antiques roadshow. http://www.history.com/shows they are both on history channel. Pawn Stars is all about a pawn shop in Vegas that people come into pawn their stuff. They show a lot of history like Jefferson's signature, or an old wine making machine.. Just very random. I have not watched much American Pickers to be honest so no idea how they really work.

Sarbare0704
07-25-2010, 10:29 PM
I also like both of those shows! I do think that pawn stars is a bit like antiques roadshow maybe just because it tells the history of their items and value but with more goofy fun involved!

Fiddler
07-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Oooh, I'll look for those! Do your kids watch them, too, or are they more for a grown-up audience?

SherryZoned
07-25-2010, 10:32 PM
My oldest likes them..but I am fairly lenient on reality shows like that..So you may want to check it out yourself first. (I won't let my son watch Big Brother but he can watch Survivor and Amazing Race lol) Pawn Stars to me is pretty clean and educational.

callie
07-26-2010, 02:12 AM
I posted over "In Other Words" that my oldest saw Dante's Inferno on Pawn Stars and asked to read it. You never know what might happen when your kids watch those shows. And we love American Pickers too.